Surgical PA CareersTweet
According to CNN.com and Forbes.com, the PA profession ranked as the 4th fastest growing profession in 2007.
What's more - surgical PAs are the FASTEST GROWING segment of PAs with nearly 50% of new PA grads entering a surgical field.
The U.S. Department of Labor expects the PA profession to grow significantly over the next several years – much faster than the average for all occupations. The demand for PAs with surgical specialties is especially strong.
The Growing Surgical PA Profession
Opportunities for the surgical PAs continue to expand, owing to many factors, including:
- Cutbacks in physician surgical residency slots
- Laws requiring reduced resident work hours
- Increased reimbursement for PA surgical services
- Ability of the surgical PA to provide physician/surgeon relief of many routine duties
- Increased surgical PA profession advocacy by organization such as the AASPA