Surgical PAs are ideal practitioners in many critical care settings in the hospital, including the cardiac ICU, medical ICU, or surgical ICU.
Highly technical and demanding skills are mastered through years of physician assistant practice, master degree and post-graduate critical care residency.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides comprehensive management of acutely or critically ill patients requiring intensive monitoring
- Collaborates with a team of practitioners to apply basic and advanced physiologic concepts and technology
- Functions as the primary provider for critically ill patients
- Presents patients to the ICU team
- Determines plan of patient care